Most property owners now prefer to get glass fencing installed on their properties instead of the standard aluminium or wooden ones. The former tend to be more attractive, they complement the appearance of different styles and can be used in various applications too. There are a number of reasons why you should opt for glass fencing, here are some of them:
- These fences can be installed in your yard to demarcate entertainment areas or a poolscape etc.
- While they are very functional and provide the right amount of safety, they don’t obstruct the view and create a very expansive look even in a modestly-sized yard.
- Today, there are a number of glass fencing options to choose from; and you will find fantastic designs such as framed, semi-framed and frameless installations. This gives you the flexibility to create the kind of ambience and look you want on your property.
- Frameless glass fencing installations are now preferred over the semi-framed and framed ones because they create the least amount of visual obstruction in the space they are installed in. They tend to be more expensive than the other two variants; however, they add elegance and beauty to the property.
- Some glass fencing companies also provide DIY options and these tend to be more cost-effective as you save on labour costs. However, it’s always recommend that you get expert professionals to handle the job for you. This ensures the installation is handled in the best possible way and that it will be stable and long-lasting.
- Since glass is transparent, it lends itself very well to different architectural styles; this is why glass fences look great in traditional or classic-styled homes as well as very modernistic and contemporary structures.
- They are a very safe installation for homes that have kids and pets. Since the glass panels are very smooth, children can’t clamber over them. You are also able to supervise their movements through clear glass installations, when they are playing by the poolside or swimming. This adds to the safety aspect of having glass fencing on your property.
- Glass fencing may seem fragile, but it’s really quite strong. When you get this installation from a credible and well-established company, they will ensure that laminated, toughened glass panels are used in the installation. The toughened glass is very strong and doesn’t easily shatter on impact. The lamination adds to the safety aspect; in case the glass does shatter on a very strong impact, the panels don’t break into jagged pieces. Instead, it breaks into more rounded pieces and the lamination holds these pieces together, which makes this type of feature very safe for use in residential as well as commercial applications.
- When you are getting any installation for the outdoor spaces of your home, you want features that are low-maintenance; and that’s exactly how glass fencing is. It’s very easy to clean glass and it doesn’t deteriorate in the manner that wood/aluminium does. Timber fencing has to be sanded, painted and polished at least a few times a year, while aluminium fences have to be painted too. In comparison, glass fences are very low maintenance and you only need to use a diluted soap and water solution to clean these features if you find they have become smudgy or dusty.
- It is very cost-effective as well. As long as you maintain the fences well, they can last for a number of years without any trouble. And so, even though you have to pay a higher up-front cost for these installations, they provide value in the long term.
For any more information about the benefits of glass fencing, just contact us at Quantum Frameless Glass at this number – 1300 282 248. You can also contact us using this online form and we will call you back shortly for more details about your semi-frameless glass balustrade or fencing installation project.
Thanks for reading,
Quantum Frameless Glass Team
1300 282 248